Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Sold

After sitting around the house all day,  keeping watch over a sick 8 yr old, and keeping him quiet while the wife slept after staying out all night,  I was able to squeeze in a 45 minute hike..... and for that I was thankful.  The wind was biting and it felt cold enough to snow. 

And then it was time.  Time to say goodbye to my faithful Bianchi Giro.  The bike that carried me on many trips over the past 6 years.   I was thinking back to when I bought it, how excited I was to bring it home and ride it.  The derailleurs had been installed wrong and it wouldn't shift.  I was disappointed and frustrated.  I took the bike to Liberty Bikes,  they fixed it and earned my respect. 

I'm sure I had some bad days on the bike,  those have faded from my memory though,  it is the good days that I remember and cherish.  The wind blowing through my hair, the clicking of the chain as it passed over the chainrings, the crunch of the tires on fresh chipseal.... fun times. 

But it was time to sell it,  to open the door for something that I walked away from about 6 yrs ago.  Something that I won't write about until the deal is sealed..... today is after all, the end of the world!

No comments: