Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Flippin Fun

 Not a whole lot going on in the life of Asheville Janes.  I've gotten into a good rythym and feel like there has been huge progress in making peace with my past.   I didn't realize how much of my time had been spent still trying to work things out in my head, rather than accepting the facts and focusing on the good things happening in my life: ie my wife, kid and the 1000's of people who have made Trips For Kids WNC possible.  I've been sleeping better lately as well.  Its weird how much the subconscious continues even while the body is trying to rest.

This has been a dream of mine for a very long time and I am very excited to a part of WNC during this time of growth and change.  I'm a little less excited about the growth in numbers because that means motor vehicle traffic increases,  but the influx of creative and driven people moving into town, will help the growth of the cycling community and greenway push. 

It is very exciting to see the greenways plan, which was a dream only a few years ago, coming to fruition!  I can't wait to take kids for rides across town, all on a greeway.
And so the journey continues.  I keep looking forward, doing what I can to make this world a better place....and riding my bike because its flippin' fun!!

No comments: