Thursday, August 29, 2013

 Well, I think I am recovered from my death march at Dupont last weekend.  Dupont is no joke and it put me in my place.  It is more like rolling hills than the longer extended climbs of Greater Pisgah.  One good thing about the ride last saturday was that I spent 40 miles working on skills, body position on the bike and pedaling technique,  thanks to WN Precision. 

This week is a rest and recovery week, so I've been spending time at Bent Creek, riding around at a super easy pace for less than 2 hrs and working on my skills some more.  Floating over rocks and roots is a big one that I am working on.  And of course, riding down hill with less braking is another. 

I'm feeling really comfortable on the bike,  with the fork freshly serviced at Suspension Experts,  the Siren 55 is running smooth.  

Less than 3 weeks until the Pisgah MTB Stage Race!
The kid decided he wanted to ride to school on Tuesday, and we have ridden 3 days in a row.  I didn't push him or recommend in any way, which was really cool for me.  He's only 9 and has the rest of his life to ride, so I figure he will enjoy it more if we ride when he wants to!  


No comments: