Monday, May 05, 2008

Blue Planet Run '08

This weekend I participated in the Blue Planet 24 hour relay.
I was on the Families Together Inc Team. I didn't run though!! No, no, no running for me. That hurts. I got to ride my bike out to the last aid station and wait for my team member to run by, I then radioed to base camp to alert the next runner. After that, I headed back to base camp to eat, drink and be merry, until 30-40 minutes later, then repeat. My team did something like 25 laps, so I got in 17 miles of riding and 2.5 hrs on the bike.
Jubal got to run in his first running race. Although the start was very confusing, Jubal managed to hang on and finish. He loved it and got his own number!!!



I rode the geared bike 40 miles on Saturday before going to the event. I did my normal fast 40 loop to Bent Creek via the parkway. There were not a lot of people out at that time of day and the weather was perfect. 60's and sunny. I cruised around. The pacing on a geared bike is quite different than single speed, and halfway through this ride something clicked, other than the gears. I found some rhythm and was able to work on keeping my pace steady. I am interested to see if my fitness will improve after riding this bike for a couple of weeks.
Have a great day.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, we saw you on your bike. We were camped nearby. We are from Maryland. Had a great time at Black Mountain. Lovely area. Check out our team video. Some nice looks at the course as well as a fun A-Team parody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuChQI4AAFo


- Jim Slownsteady

My name is Stephen said...

Great movie!!!