Thursday, May 08, 2008

Thursday Ride

I have worked at Camp Rockmont for just over 1 year now. I have never ventured up onto the 700 acres of woods, trails and roads that meander around the property. When I came I was told that it is steep and impossible to ride on the mtn bike. Today, I'm going to find out. What does that mountain hold for me? A steep playground of rocky trail? An impassable jungle of rock and poison ivy? Today, I'm going to find out. And, to add to the mystery, there is a 60% chance of severe thunderstorms!!! That's why I didn't bring a camera. Maybe next time, if there is a next time, I'll bring it.


I'm really hoping there will be some good riding back there. I'll save $5-10 per week not driving to Bent Creek.


I have been having some hand/ wrist pain on the new bike that I have never had before. On the WUSS, I have the Cane Creek Bar Ends. I realised that I rest my hands on those and never experienced the pain. Now that I don't have bar ends, and have cut the bars too short to mount bar ends, I had to try something else. So I mounted these:
The BG COMFORT LOCKING GRIP:
They are ergonomically designed and are supposed to alleviate any pain or discomfort. I brought them home and put them on, and was immediately pleased at how good they felt. I look forward to trying them out this afternoon as well.

Have a great day.

No comments: