Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Off Time

With having to work last weekend, taking a day off last week, tropical storm rain this week, I ended up with 8 days off the bike. This break came at just the right time, as I was feeling rather sluggish and needed a little bit of a change.

I have the Bridge 2 Bridge coming up on Sept 21st. This ride usually goes to the top of Grandfather mtn, but with construction at the top this year, it will end at the bottom. We will still get 100 miles of road riding in NC though.

I will be joining Mike K and friends for the ride. This will be Mike's first 100 since getting dragged down with some sort of illness that I can't remember the name, but it made him very tired and there was no way he could ride his bike. There is no way that I am going to miss his comeback ride!!! Welcome back Mike!!

Some more exciting things happening:
-The electrician was calling the inspector, supposed to have come out yesterday but it was raining, so maybe he came, maybe not, we'll see.
-The new truck is sweet, according to initial calculations, it gets better gas mileage than the old truck.
-My grass is turning green again.
-Jubal and Rhonda will be heading to Roanoke again this weekend, her grandma will be in town from Ohio, so they will get to visit.
-That means long rides for me this weekend!!! I have some ideas of rides to do, but I think I'll post after the rides if it works out, that way I don't have the pressure of living up to what I post!!!

Have a great day.

No comments: