Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Getting To Know

I'm getting to know and hopefully understand my body a little bit better.

Last night's ride I did the Bat Cave Loop. That loop is so much fun with lots of climbing.

I think that my nutrition is set, although I have yet to break the 4 hr mark. I'm hoping that it will stay consistent. I think I was simply getting too much nutrient and it was clogging up my system.

As I climbed hwy 74 last night, going up the long steady grade to the Eastern Continental Divide, I upped my pace and heart rate to see what I could sustain. Sure, enough, 15-20 minutes near LTHR (167 bpm) , my head started pounding and I started feeling bad. So, I eased off and let my HR hover around 150bpm. About 10 minutes later I started to cool off and felt a lot better. Good lesson to learn.

I finished the 2.5 hr ride feeling good but tired.

As much as I like riding my bike, it's always nice to take some time off the bike to rest and recover.

Don't forget...


Have a great day!!

No comments: