Monday, August 10, 2009

So Much For The Weekend

The weekend went by fairly quickly and added quite a bit of stress to my life. It is so amazing how stress affects the mind/body and training.

Saturday, Mike Keeley came to town so I asked him to bring his CX bike. I took him on a dirt road tour of Bent Creek. I got up with Rhonda at 5:45am and headed out to meet him at 7am.

I really love being able to ride my bike out the door, and be on the dirt in 45 minutes, rather than driving out there.

After the ride we went to Starbucks for coffee and snack. This was the first time in two weeks that I was going to have some coffee mid-morning. I felt kind of bad for breaking my semi-fast.

The ride was uneventful. Mike thought that since I was on fat tires, and he was on skinny CX tires, he should attack and show me that even though he is older, he still had the speed. Knowing that this was the first of 3 hill left before getting to Starbucks, I just jumped on his wheel and waited. He went again on the 2nd hill, and again I held on..waiting. He pulled out and I pulled through holding the pace steady. On the third hill, he was still on my wheel and I slowly picked up the pace, spinning the legs slightly faster every hundred yards....until he dropped. Yeah!! Mike has a habit on beating me on sprints, so it was nice to take one home on my turf!!

Sunday I got up again at the same time as Rhonda. But after not sleeping well, did not feel good. I left on the bike anyway, hoping that I would start feeling better, but I never did. I ended up only riding 2.5 hours. I had hoped for double that.

The stressor: the power in the addition was not working. None of it. I flipped the breakers, looked for a loose connection, replaced the breaker switch. Nothing worked. Ooh, I was irritated.

Sunday afternoon while I was waiting for a friend to come help me figure out the problem, I took the panel cover off, poked around trying to figure out which wire went where, walked into the addition and the power was on.

And so that sums up my weekend. Not what I had planned but I did get some time outside and on the bike and for that I am thankful.

Have a great day.

No comments: