Thursday, August 27, 2009

Happy Feet



After my conversation with the Swiftwick reps at Fool's Gold, I was disappointed that I did not get to see them at the finish line. But, loyal to their word they contacted me and asked me where to mail the samples.

I was very excited when I got the socks in the mail, but as with all new, cutting edge innovations, I was skeptical.

They sent me one pair of Zero Ole and one pair of Four Merino( which I have yet to put to the test, they feel great though).

I wore the Zero for an entire day. Compared to Defeet, these socks are much softer and more cushioned. I am a fan of Defeet because of the ventilation properties. My feet get very hot very quickly and Defeet socks tend to ventilate well. But when I wore the Swiftwicks, it felt like air conditioning on my feet, no joke. They felt great.

Compared to Sock Guy socks, Swiftwick really has figured out how to make a sock hug your foot. While I also like Sock Guy for the soft comfort, Swiftwick adds stability with compression.

I wore the Zero Ole starting in the morning for my ride to work. I sweat and the socks kept my feet cool. I got to work, showered, got dressed and put the socks back on. They were not even damp. I wore the socks around the office all day and my feet never overheated. I then wore the socks again for my ride back home. It was in the upper 80's and again, my feet stayed cool. Nice. I cannot wait for cooler weather when I can try out the Merinos.

Swiftwick has quite a few other socks, t-shirts, and arm warmers. Hmmm, I'm needing some new arm warmers. I'll have to add that to my Christmas wish list.

Have a great day.

No comments: