Monday, October 25, 2010

Weekend Fun

 The weather has been stellar this October.  Highs in the 70's, lows in the 30's. 

We celebrated by spending a lot of the weekend outside.  We had considered a camping trip, but decided to stay home.  Saturday, we braved the leaf peeper traffic on the parkway to drive up to Mt Pisgah.  A really cool 3 mile round trip hike along the ridge line to the top of the mountain.  There is an observation deck on top with 360 degree views.  Lot's of tourists up there today.  2 quotes: " Does Asheville have tall buildings? Cause there are some tall buildings, that must be Asheville",  and, The Lady: " Are you from here?", Me: " Yes,  are you?", the Lady:" No, my soul is, every time I leave, I cry".....   

The kid likes to have fun:
 The view of the Blue Ridge Parkway and Pisgah Inn:
 After the hike, we headed home and enjoyed the company of the Strouts and Lavoies.  Good food, great friends!!!

Saturday, we were sitting around discussing options, and the kid suggested disc golf.  That's what we did.  9 holes at Richmond Hill.  Fun times:
 After we got home and had some lunch, I kitted up and headed out the door.  Down the Parkway to Bent Creek.  I met up with Chris and Nolan and had a very relaxing ( and sometimes a little too fast) ride around the contours of the Experimental Forest: 
4 hrs and 40 miles later, I wound up at home,  satisfied with a full weekend and looking ahead.  I hope to be getting some good news this week concerning my future.  I can't wait to share what I am looking into.  It's gonna be great.

Have a great day.

1 comment:

Julia said...

I love the tourist quotes. Sounds like a fun weekend. I can't wait to see what you guys are up to!