Tuesday, September 16, 2014

On To The Next Race


The Pisgah MTB Stage Race starts a week from today.  I can't wait.  A 5 day race in my own back yard.   Yes, I could ride these trails for free anytime.  But,  can I ride them with old friends from around the world?  Can I meet knew friends, have a fully supported 5 day tour on most of the best trails in Pisgah?  Is there a meal and a live band at the end of the week? 

The economic benefits that a stage race like this (or any of the MTB/Gravel races)  brings to our community would not happen without people like Eric of Pisgah Productions and Todd/Heather of Blue Ridge Adventures.  Starting with the bikes shops, coffee shops and ending at the taverns.  Support the people who support local economy and the sport that brings us together!

This will  be my 6th consecutive year at the race, and I my aspirations are pretty low.  I'm not aiming for the podium,  I'm not worried about my time or placement.  I'm not trying to break any records. 

I am right on track for my year of hitting the reset button.  I'm going to follow that goal and have fun.  I'll still push my limits, but I'll stop for a couple of seconds to soak in the views and enjoy the ride. 

I'm looking forward to seeing old friends as well as meeting new ones: local , foreign and Canadian....only the nice Canadians.



No comments: