Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Ride Home

In an attempt to avoid traffic during my ride home in the dark, I am trying several different combinations of routes. I found one route that features a stoplight that will help me cross a very busy road. While I was sitting at the stoplight, thinking about how good a peanut butter milkshake from the Sonic across the street would taste, a guy pulled up next to me in a vehicle and started warning me about how dangerous the intersection was, and that people run the red light on a regular basis. I told him thanks for the info. But, he didn't stop with that, he continued to repeat himself, and continued warning me about the dangers, even as he was driving away, he continued talking!!!!

I took a shortcut through the golf course. It is dark, and was not aware that people play gold at night, in the dark. I'm riding along on the little paved golf path, which turns out to be very bumpy. So, I'm riding along and I hear " CRACK" , oh man, someone is playing golf. Good thing I have a helmet on.

And I leave you with this to chew on: " Love your neighbor as yourself". A neighbor can be the person who lives next to you, works next to you, drives next to you.

Who is your neighbor?

No comments: