Friday, July 11, 2008

Good Ride

I did one Kitsuma loop last night. It was muggy. It is more difficult to breathe in the high humidity, kind of like trying to breathe water, but not as bad. I felt good, but decided to drive to work today, saving energy for tomorrow. I should not have cut the neighbor's grass on Wednesday, I could feel that in my legs, but, you gotta do what you gotta do, eh?

The Hot D will be the first paid road ride I have participated in since.....uhhh.... I can't remember. It might have been Tour De Leaves last October. The last Century I did was the Nantahala Nightmare 1.5 yrs ago. It was 32 degrees at the start and did not get warmer than 38. That was a cold 100 miles!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow, except for the 5am wake up time. I have to get up early to get my system going. I am hoping to get with a smaller group of savvy riders who will work together and not stop too long.

Two goals: 1. Finish under 6.5 hrs, I've never finished a century under 7 hrs and I think I am finally in shape to do it. 2. Finish feeling good, with some left, as this is simply training for Fool's Gold coming up in August.

I'll let you know.
Have a great day.

1 comment:

MCF said...

Good luck Stephen!