Thursday, February 11, 2010

Blizzard

After checking the weather online again several times after I posted yesterday morning, I decided not to ride my bike to work.  Instead I got on the rollers and rode for an hour while watching "The Two Towers".  Time went by really fast. 

As I drove to work, it started snowing and then later, the National Weather Service declared "Blizzard Conditions".  Interesting.   With the winds gusting up to 70mph, and snow blowing sideways, I guess our area met the criteria for a blizzard.  Cool.

So, I sat at work all day, listening to the wind howl and watching the snow blowing sideways outside my window, and was glad that I had not ridden my bike. 

Today, I head back to the dentist to get my permanent crown installed.  This involves then yanking out the temporary crown, which I don't look forward to at all....

Schools are closed again today.  It is a heated topic right now, but this area is simply not equipped to handle this type of weather.  The bus drivers don't have the skills,  the buses don't have snow tires,  the schools are not well insulated etc.  You gotta do what you gotta do. 

I hope to get out and ride at some point today,  hopefully tomorrow will be more interesting.  In the meantime,  I want to answer your questions: What do you want to know about me?

Have a great day!!

Stephen

No comments: