First event of its kind in WNC. Whether you are a novice or an expert, there will be something here for you. Local experts in various fields of bicycling, including fit experts, mechanic and technical experts will provide information on how to buy and maintain your bike along with tips on personal training. Local cyclists will provide valuable information on where to ride your bike, whether mountain, road, commuting, cycling routes through town, or just for fun. Participating local bicycle businesses will be onsite to answer any questions about their products and services. We live in a paradise for cyclists, so whatever your inclination you will leave the Expo with all sorts of information about how to take advantage of it!
To add to the fun and excitement, door prizes await you, as well as screenings of two favorite cycling movies, Breaking Away and the beautiful Triplets of Belleville.
Date: Saturday, March 27th
Time: 8:30 am - 12 Noon
Location: Blue Ridge Conference Hall
Cost: Admission is free compliments of the sponsors
To Register: click here
Planned events for the expo are as follows:
- RIDING VENUES SEMINARS: for both road and mountain, and just for fun around town, We'll have maps, local tour leaders and experts who know our area best on hand to deliver the best places to ride.
- MECHANICAL SEMINAR: just the basics, here, to make sure your bike is ready to ride. Tips and tricks will be shown, as well as some road side (or trail side) survival tactics.
- FIT SEMINAR: how do you know if a bike will fit properly? Examples will be shown of good and bad fit, how to know the differences, and how fit can impact your cycling and your body.
- COMMUTING SEMINAR: thinking about using your car less and riding to work? All the answers to your questions about how to do it safely, enjoyably, and within budget!
- BIKES AND ACCESSORIES ON DISPLAY: Participating local bicycle businesses will be on hand to answer any questions about their products and services.
Have a great day.