Friday, February 12, 2010

Urban

I got to get on some dirt and ride last night.  It was such a good feeling.  A friend took me on an urban assault and showed me a part of Asheville that I have never seen.  (all legal trails in case you are wondering).

The sun had been shining all day, the air was a bit warmer, and I was hoping that I would not be overdressed.  As soon as we pulled out of his driveway and into the headwind, I was sure that I was not overdressed.

The cool thing about this ride is that all I did was follow his wheel.  When I ride alone, I decide where to go.  Last night, being in new territory, I didn't have to decide at all.  I just tried to hang onto the wheel in front of me. 

The route consisted of pavement and single track.  Amazingly the majority of the single track was in good shape.  Snow does not seem to soak the ground like a solid downpour does. 

The terrain fit my scheduled workout perfectly, and I was able to push myself harder than I have this year.  It felt good, but at the same time, I really wanted to go home and fall asleep.  Strange. 

So we rode around the woods and streets for  2 hrs before calling it a day.  A fun laid back ride on a cold day.  

Have a great day.

No comments: