Tuesday, May 06, 2008

4000 meters

Tonight's track racing will be in the form of pursuits. Otherwise known at Time Trials, cyclists will start and race the clock one at a time. My race tonight will be a 4000 meter time trial. That is 8 laps around the track as fast as I can go, all by myself. I prepped last night by chopping and stacking wood for two hours. Now that my muscles are all stove up, I should be ready to go.





I'm looking forward to setting a record tonight. Having never participated in this race before, unless I don't finish, I will set a personal record. Sweet!!!








Don't forget to get your autographed copy of 24 Solo. I am asking for a minimum donation of $30, proceeds of which will go to World Bicycle Relief. This movie is entertaining, inspirational and awe inspiring, even for the non-cycling population.

Have a great day.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hey man, good luck to you -- pursuits used to be my specialty until I figured out that the pain of 24 hours is a lot less than the pain of 5 minutes! Have fun out there and catch the other guy!