Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Winter

Another winter storm rages outside this morning. No precip this time, just high wind advisory...I hope it's a tailwind.

I had my first piece of equipment failure that could have been catastrophic, but fortunately I found the problem before it was a problem.

As you can see in the picture, that is a crack in the clamp on the stem. I'm not sure how that happened, but it did. I sent Thomson an e-mail with the picture attached, and they said to send them the clamp, and they will send me a new one. Easy!

Training is coming along well. I have been fortunate enough to get my riding in. Getting snow and ice, instead of rain has made that possible. I'm in a stage of training that I really enjoy. Lot's of pushing big gears and climbing hills, and some tempo. It hurts, but if it doesn't kill me it'll make me faster!

We have less than 6 weeks to go until spring. I have been enjoying the snowy, wintry weather, but I am looking forward to feeling the sun warming my skin.

This post represents my life right now. Not a lot going on.

Last night was nice, I got home and it was light outside until 6:15pm. I stayed outside and worked around the yard. I'm really looking forward to some long bike rides again. And looking forward to some races with friends! I missed out on Snake Creek Gap TT this year, but at this point, I'm not bummed as much. The first 2 races were extremely cold and I have heard several stories of numbness, frostbite and the early stages of hypothermia. I'll pass!

I'm working on bringing some movies to town to benefit World Bicycle Relief. Stay tuned!!

Have a great day.

No comments: