Tuesday, September 13, 2011

9-12

The easy recovery workout had me spinning up north boundary road.  The recent logging there has left a grand view to the west and I was captivated by the clouds forming in the distant valley with the hot air balloon floating gently above the ridge.  The scene was peaceful, calm and somehow reassuring.

My legs are feeling good and there is an inner calm, an slight anticipation.  I try not to think about the race too much, but the excitement creeps in when I least expect it.  Like my pace at the start of a race, I have to slow down, focus on what I am doing right here and now. Focus, so that I can be as prepared as possible when I line up for stage 1.

Added to the challenge of racing is taking care of my family.  With the wife in school, I will be dropping the kid of at his school several mornings before the drive out to Brevard.  A couple of days will see me rolling into the parking area 10 minutes before the start of the race, but that's life.  I'm thankful I get to race again this year. 

No comments: