Monday, September 24, 2012

Thanks

The Stage Race is over and its back to the real world.  It is so nice to be able to step away from daily life and experience something challenging like the stage race.  5 days of racing my mountain bike all over the trails and roads of Pisgah National Forest. 

But, I could not have done this without  a lot of help.  This year, a lot of things happened and I was not sure early on if I would be able to race, but with the help of the local cycling community it worked out.

So a huge shout out to all of my friends who rode with me this year.  Too many to name, you know who you are.  You pushed me, encouraged me, and helped me learn.

Thanks:
  • Blue Ridge Adventures for taking the risk to put on such a grande event.  I'll be out there riding it every year that I can.  
  • Liberty Bikes.  The stellar care and mechanical guidance that I get when I walk in the door is great.  I never have to wonder if my components are going to get me through.  Special thanks to Dave Wood for spending 1.5 hrs with me, overhauling my bike after Stage 1's mudfest.
  • Suspension Experts.  Thanks for heckling me, and overhauling my Reba.  I can also ride out into the middle of the woods and not worry about my fork failing.  When I pick it up, its as good as new.  You guys rock.
  • Motion Makers.  Thanks for helping me get in the shoes that I have used for years, and my feet love: Specialized...in white too!

Of course the wife and kid are a huge part of helping me get out there as well. Thanks to you, I love you!

Have a great day!

No comments: