Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Day 3 and 4: Legoland

 Legoland was cool.  I didn't know what to expect.  All I had to go on was childhood memories of theme parks and state fairs.  Of getting sick, hungy, hot, tired and everybody being a bit on the cranky side.   This trip was healing in that I found that with a little self control,  I could enjoy myself, eat well and be a good dad.  One thing I made a point of was not making plans set in stone.  We would do what we could but not stress ourselves out trying to get to a show or a ride.  The plan worked and halfway through the day, I realized I was enjoying the place, and I was able to relax and watch my kid grow up.
 Project X,  the kid's first roller coaster might have proved to be too much.  The big drop freaked him out and he was done with roller coasters.  I had to pay him $10 to get him on another one,  and by the end of day two, we had ridden every roller coaster in the park.

 I just wanted to get off.  It was the end of the day, and the operator kept the ride going extra long.  I wasn't really having fun any more.....
 We bought second day tickets for $15 which was awesome, because we got to go back a do a couple of rides that we had not been able to do, and ride some rides again, hitting the favorites from the day before.

And we were there for the grand opening of the Star Wars mini land exhibit. 

And then it was time to leave.  We were worn out, and still had to drive back through Orlando to Ormond Beach.  But we wanted to get there so we could go to the beach before the wedding. 

1 comment:

Julie said...

Cool blog guys! Saw your link on the Avl Mamas site. Reed digs the lego Darth Vader shot and hopes J is getting in some breakdancing :) You guys are in my old stomping grounds - so much fun stuff there! Well, not the theme park stuff I don't know too much about, but beaches, springs, manatees, ahhh... have fun! For more free/cheap family stuff, you can check out Downtown Disney, also St. Augustine is really cool with a fort and everything!