Friday, May 10, 2013

Thursday Nights

Ahh, the back of the paceline!
 The Thursday night ride has been a lot of fun lately.  Splitting into 2 groups has been fairly successful and everyone seems to be happy with the group they are riding with.  Oddly though, the A group still stops to regroup.  I'm not sure why,  they have free reign to hammer, and they still stop.  Sometimes long enough that the B group catches them, sometimes until we get just within sight. 

I hope that more people start to come out and enjoy the ride.  

Last night was cool, because there were about 6 people in my group.  There was a guy who did not have much experience riding with others, strong but no knowledge.  When we started the rotating paceline, we were able to coach him a bit on how to keep it rolling.  He seemed to pick up on it pretty quickly. 

The new kits rock,  get one. (Voler)
 The weather yesterday was amazing.  This was actually the 4th day in a row that I got to ride my bike!  The consistency is starting to show.  Unfortunately, I am looking at 3 days of the bike this weekend.  Oh well,  I'll be eating BBQ and that's a good substitute.

I had a chat with the kid about P55.5 vs GNAR.  We came to a compromise and are going to skip GNAR this year,  freeing up the day for me to "race" the P55.5.   I'm not sure how that happened, but I'm going to roll with it.  I can't wait to toe the line again.  March seems like a long time away, and I miss everything that goes with racing.  The challenge, the beauty, the struggle.  It motivates me and I don't take it for granted.  In the grand scheme of things, it is a huge privileged.

The forest is exploding in green
Get out there!

No comments: