Monday, October 07, 2013

Getting Close


 Getting close to the end of the current project.  I decided to push on through to the end instead of leaving lots of little jobs that never get done.  I'm worn out and beat up but its worth it.

3 major projects left,  one necessary and two cosmetic.

Once we get the roof redone,  (and the leaking stopped)  I want to raise the interior ceilings for a more open space.    In conjunction with that project,  I want to tear down a non load bearing interior wall that separates the kitchen from the living room,  rearrange the kitchen and build a large bar/eating area.

Unless I uncover a pile of money, that will be the long term plan!

It has been a long slow journey but I am learning a lot along the way.  Seeing this stage has given me the confidence to complete the project.  There was a point when I was burned out and didn't care much about it anymore.  That'll happen,  you just have to give it a rest sometimes.


The wife picked out the colors, and it turned out really good.

Gotta get the whole project caulked and then touch up the paint.  The final step will be getting the piles of debris removed.

Actually, the final step will be to smile every time I pull up in my driveway and see the new siding!

No comments: