Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Livin' The Dream

I use that phrase often, and I'm serious.  I'm not livn' the dream that I thought I would live, but once I let go of preconceived notions, woke up and smelled the coffee, and accepted where I am,  my life became a dream. 

On a large scale can't have what I want, went I want it, or go where I want to, when I want to. But with some careful planning and patience, I have gotten to go a lot of cool places and see a lot of cool things. 

Sometimes we have to readjust our dream 

I have more than one dream.  I have the dream I am living:  Awesome wife, cool kid, project house ( that is nearing completion, which is another dream altogether!),  bike rides, bike packing etc.  This is my here and now dream,  the dream I'm livin'. 

Then I have other dreams,  goals so to speak.  To travel, "Ride The Divide",  hike the Appalachian Trail,  take the family to visit Bonaire, where I spent 6 of my formative years.  Big dreams that might or might not happen, but I'm gonna keep hope that they will.  

When you ask what I'm doing and I respond, " Livin' the dream",  although my life is fill with the blood, sweat and tears of everyday living,  just know that I am indeed serious. 

I love the life I live!

Here's to "Livin' The Dream"!!  

No comments: