Monday, March 24, 2014

Fun Weekend

 Another fun weekend came and went.  I headed out to Bent Creek on Saturday and climbed up to Bent Creek Gap for the first time in a long time.  I had changed out the 21 tooth rear cog to a 22, and it made a huge difference.  I can push the 21 but for a long ride it might do some damage. 

I ended up doing a "big" 16 mile loop around the lake, Explore Loop Ext, Sidehill, Hickory, Ingles F, back to the lot. 

I'm getting used to the feel of the big wheels and realized that for a long time, my body weight has been a hair too far forward on descents.   By leaning back a little more, the bike absorbs rocks and roots a lot better and I feel like I can let go a little more.  Always something to learn!
Last week I was slammed with getting bike clubs and ride up and rolling.  Definitely a busy time of year, a good change to all the logistics and planning I have been doing.  This is why I do this, to ride with kids! 

Now with a winter storm rolling in, it will be a few days until I ride again.   That is spring in the mountains!

Enjoy.

No comments: