Monday, September 22, 2014

Stage Race

Its that time again.  The Pisgah Mountain Bike Stage Race is here.  My head is back in the game and my legs are feeling decent.  My goal this year,  to have fun and finish.   Ok,  I'm gonna give it everything I have, but I'm not going to stress about it. 

I haven't trained specifically enough for this race, but I am coaching my kid's soccer team.  And I spent the afternoon teaching him how to sail, why the wife slept so she could work the night shift.  Then I took the kid to the park and helped him work on his soccer skills..... the "distractions" go on. 

It is a good trade off, one I don't regret at all. 

I'm excited about meeting a bunch of new people and hanging out with old ones: 

  "We are excited to have racers join us from all over the world, including Australia, New Zealand and St Maarten.  We've also got folks coming from 19 different states including as far away as Washington, Oregon, Michigan, California, and Colorado! "

This will be the 6th annual Stage Race.  Each one has been a little bit different.  My total finishing time in 2012 was 24 hrs.  Last year it was 14 hrs.  The courses have been shortened a little bit!

5 days, 140 miles, 20,000+ ft of elevation gain

Looks like a fun time.

 

No comments: