Thursday, January 15, 2015

Windstopper

 After training for my  last Snake Creek Gap TT a couple of years ago,  I wrote off riding in temps below 45,  and also stopped training in the winter at all.  Last year I ran all winter and didn't ride until March, and it worked out well for me.

This year Blue Ridge Adventures moved the Pisgah MTB Stage race to April, and I want to finish the P111K.  So,  I had to start training in January.

I went and talked to Kevin  at Liberty Bikes about my clothing selection/options and I wound up purchasing the Gore Tex Oxygen Jacket. 

The next time I got in the bike, the temp in the parking lot was 25 degrees.  I was slightly chilly starting out, but once I warmed up, I was comfortable for the entire 1.5 hr ride.  This piece of clothing will change my winter riding and I'm looking forward to more cold weather rides. 


With a breathable, lightweight, comfortable fit,  I don't feel like I am riding inside my own little rain forest.  With a full front zipper and 2 small vents in front of the arm pits,  I can cool down almost instantly on a climb. 
I think back to all the rides that I would have enjoyed so much more, had I had this piece of clothing.  If you are wavering about riding this time of year, look into the Gore Windstopper line.  You won't be disappointed. 

No comments: