Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Normality... prolly not

 Wow, it has been a long summer already.   The past 2 month's free time has been consumed with the Oakley Elementary Playground Build.  I took on way too much responsibility, but felt like I was the guy to get it done.  The PTO team did an awesome job and without their support and encouragement, I would have quit several weeks before the build happened.   Lots of micromanagement and miscommunication from the Kaboom project leader made for an unpleasant experience.   I'm not sure at this point if I would recommend this process to anyone.

But,  the team and the community stepped up and took the bull by the horns and I was honored to join with them.

Today the fatigue and everything that I have been holding off caught up to me.  I managed to make it through the day but am a few pounds lighter.  Might have something to do with the heat as well as being totally exhausted....

I actually rode my mountain bike this morning for 2 hrs,  that kinda hurt, but I didn't care because I have missed being out there.   

Now I can start my summer!

No comments: