Friday, April 15, 2016

Pisgah Stage Race 2016 Stage 3

 Long day in the woods,  4.5 hrs for 29 miles.   2nd place is so far ahead, and 4th place is close to an hour behind,  I wasn't motivated to be "racey" today.  So, I took it easy and enjoyed the scenery. 

It was a beautiful day, with temps climbing up into the 60's by the end.  The forest is waking up from winter slumber and green plant sprouts are popping up everywhere!  Such an amazing time to be out there.  

And then I started thinking about racing, and podiums and what is really important to me and those around me.  I thought about my kid, who often and selflessly passes up opportunities to score goals in an effort to assist teammates to score.  I thought about life, love and how grateful I am to be riding a bike.   I thought about all of the people who have worked with me and given me  a helping hand to get where I am today. 

I'm not going into the details of what happened next, but Sundra got the 3rd step of the daily podium for stage 3!   (I wish I had a pic...)

Live, Love, Give!



No comments: