Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Change In The Air


After my weekend of windsurfing fun,  I was wiped out, lethargic.   I farted around getting stuff done and waiting for my body to recover. Feet bruised from the foot straps and just an all over good body soreness.   A little hour long ride brought me around though.  

I headed out to Bent Creek to spin around, nothing too hard, just a good solid medium paced loop.   I barely broke a sweat.  

It is that time of year when the air temps are changing, foliage color changes and brain patterns start to interrupt daily life.  Memories of days gone by and longing for the innocent childhood days creep in.   It is funny how memories tend to lose the negative and the mind longs for the positive.  I snap my mind back into focus, realizing and fully believing that I made the right choices.  I practice focusing on the positive and the now,  the good life that I have been blessed with,  the good choices (although not always easy) that I have made for myself and my family.  

I am "living the dream"  and am thankful for the life I live,  the friends I have, and my little mountain family.   

It is easy to slip into the old patterns of thought that tend to bring me down,  but just like anything,  consistent practice will bring about positive results!  

 

No comments: