Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Gone Ridin'

This winter has been a cold one.  I was getting out pretty regularly, and then I lost my mojo for a bit.  I caught a head cold, didn't want to relapse, so I took some days off.  Then couldn't ride because of schedule stuff,  and finally back on the bike.   I'm hoping to get 4 days on the bike this week.  Not enough to be competitive at the upcoming Pisgah Stage Race, April 9th,  but hopefully enough to get the endurance engine primed and ready.  
Once the race starts though, it is anybody's game.  Things happen, and then there is the challenge of 5 days of Pisgah!  Can't wait.
I've been coaching the kid's indoor soccer team at Black Mountain.  We have a raggamuffin team, half experienced players, half beginner players.  It has been a challenge working with the different skill levels and getting middle school boys and girls to play as a team.  Not only that, they are too shy to even greet each other when they walk in the door.... too shy or too cool?  I make them high five each other.  
We are definitely the underdogs.  But they kids are improving.  The first team we played, we lost 9-0.  When we played that team again, we tied them 3-3, even after the ref called the game to their advantage.  Yeah buddy, that feels good.

No comments: