Friday, April 26, 2019

N Mills

 I had to meat some friends for FLA USA to deliver some Bicycle Thrift Shop kits that they had ordered.  An awesome crew of folks from down south has adopted me and decided to spread the love,  so awesome!  

Since I was out there, I decided to ride N Mills River for something different.  Usually when I ride here, I park at Bent Creek and ride over.  The drive out there seems to take as long as the ride,  only with less ride time, so.....
 Another amazing day in paradise.  The above picture is where I want to build my house.  I'm sure the forest service wouldn't mind. 
 Creeks were high, so my shoes got a good rinsing,  it has been a while.  I'm really enjoying being on the bike this spring.   The past several years, I have been so burned out from training through the winter for the stage race, that I have not ridden much in the spring.  

This year is different, because I'm not really training for anything.  That was a difficult adjustment for me.  After having plans and goals for so long, how does a person transition back into being a recreational rider.  It was a difficult process, starting with realizing that I am at a different place in life than I was a few years ago. 
Now I ride to be fit, and once I'm fit, I hope to join in on a group ride here and there, or even possibly an event or race.  And if things go really well, and I get really fit, I will go on a bike-packing trip.  But, everything will have to line up to near perfection for that to happen!

In the meantime, happy riding!

No comments: