Sunday, December 30, 2007

For a Reason

Continued from yesterday's thoughts. I believe that everything happens for a reason.


I read Louis L'Amour. He writes western novels. He was around when the west was being one and has been through a lot. Inevitably, the hero in his novels would make a sudden move, unknowingly moving out of the way of being shot. Something they dropped, bent to pick it up, at the exact time that his enemy was pulling the trigger. Any number of things happened and they usually missed.


Everything happens for a reason. I try to remember this when I am late. Or when I am stuck behind some slowpoke, who is out for a Sunday drive on Tuesday afternoon. If you could go back and write down everything you had ever done, and were able to compare it to everything everyone else had ever done, I believe that this life would make a lot more sense. But we can't, so what do we do?


Well, I just focus on what I am here for, to love my neighbor as myself. The ultimate reason for everything that happens? To bring us to a relationship with our creator.

Other things:
My bro. Geoffrey introduced me to iTrain. This is a training program that you load onto an mp3 player and listen to as they guide you through a workout. That is the first time I have ever slobbered while riding my rollers. I think its gonna be huge in helping me develop some sprinting capabilities. I'll keep you updated.



Have a great day.

No comments: