Thursday, December 06, 2007

Winter Rain and a Bike Ride

I got to experience a little bit of winter rain on the ride home last night. I stepped out of the office when I felt a rain drop hit me on the wrist. "Wow" I thought, "this could be a cold ride home". It only sprinkled here and there, so it was quite the enjoyable ride.

It is getting dark about half of the way home now. The sun sets here in Asheville at 5:11 pm. In Raleigh NC, the sun is setting around 5pm and in Knoxville, the sun sets around 5:17pm. Weird. I did some research and found out that the sun will not set later than 5:11pm here in Asheville. With winter solstice coming up on Dec 22nd ( shortest day of the year), that means that early January I will be seeing the sun set a little bit later each day. Sweet!!! Riding my mtn bike on trails at night is a blast, while riding home on the road at night is a little bit less fun. Might have something to do with all of those metal boxes on wheels.

Have a great day.

No comments: