Monday, December 03, 2007

Racin'

I signed up for my first race of 2008. It is actually a series of 3 races. The Snake Creek Gap Time Trial . 34 miles of mtn biking, racing against the clock. 6 mountains to climb, several creek crossings. Should be fun.

Others I plan to do:
- Cohutta 100 : 100 mile mtb race near the Ocoee River, TN.
- Burn 24 : 24 hour mtb race near Wilkesboro NC.
- Cowbell Challenge: 12 hour mtb race, Charlotte NC.
- Off Road Assault on Mt Mitchell : 65 mile mtb race, Old Fort NC.
- Fool's Gold 100 : 100 mile mtb race, Dahlonega GA.

I'm looking forward to racing in 2008. I learned so much in 2007, that I feel a lot more ready to tackle these races and do well. Plus, having the support crew of Rhonda and Jubal is really cool. Having my wife and kid there yelling at me and handing me water bottles is a lot of fun.

I'm looking for sponsors for the 2008 season as well. If you want to support me, let me know. I will wear your appearal, use your product, hang your banners at all of my races and training rides.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Iycle?

My name is Stephen said...

hmmmm, not planning on it, but we'll see, do you need some competition?