Sunday, June 08, 2008

Got Hot?


I do, so much that I'll be glad to share. No, really, please take some, as much as you want!!!


There is nothing like the feeling of 95 degrees, white hot sunshine and a high heart rate. The world around take on a funny faded hue.


I'm still riding my bike to work. I'd rather sweat in on my bike than sweat in my truck anyway!! I'm also hoping to acclimatize before the Cowbell Challenge in two weeks. 12 hrs of racing under the hot NC Piedmont sun!! Last year, I had thoughts in my head that I was some sort of great mtn bike racer. Cool, but I wound up in the hospital after pushing too hard. This year, I am smarter and know when to stop. I got 40 miles before the mishap last year, and somewhere around 75 the year before. Somehow I have placed dead last each year.
This year's goals are many: Finish still able to walk and eat on my own, get 75 miles, not finish last. Pretty simple, we'll see what happens. I'm also going to pull out the single speed!!!!
Have a great day.

No comments: