Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Coming Right Up



Another mtn bike race looms on the horizon. The Tree Shaker 12 hr Challenge. I have chosen to do the 6 hour version, race my own pace, continue to work on my nutrition, and see what happens.

We had been planning to go out to TN for the Windrock 100 mile mtn bike race this weekend, but then we decided to go to the beach for a couple of days after the race. Then I found out that the organisers are saying that probably no one will finish more than 2 laps on the 25 mile course. So, we decided to head to Charlotte to visit family, race Saturday, then head to Charleston for a couple of days.

I decided to go with the 6 hour because I am burned out on long rides. I also need to keep some fitness up as I am planning on racing against Tinker Juarez and Jeremiah Bishop at the National MTB Oktoberfest at the end of Oktober. So, the 6 hr seemed a logical choice.

Have a great day!!

1 comment:

Duckman said...

Good luck Stephen. I'm gonna miss this year due to family stuff.
The course at Anne Springs is a lot of fun.