Monday, September 08, 2008

The Odea's


I met Namrita and Eddie two and a half years ago. Eddie is the race director at Burn 24. Namrita was racing this race the first year I did it. I didn't know them at that point, but that would change and my respect and admiration would grow.

It turned out to be a great race, with great planning and support. Eddie does a great job directing, and as it turns out, Eddie and Namrita are quite the endurance racers.

They also run 55 NinePerformance, a fitting service. In addition to the fitting service, coaching and nutrition expertise is also available. But that is not all. While training for endurance races, which they win with regularity, directing Burn 24, and working with clients, they put on one of the biggest mtn bike festivals in the Southeast: The Fool's Gold 100. This is not only a race, but they partnered with Sorba to promote trail building and advocacy.

I could go on and on.

The reason I am so excited is that they have helped me in my endurance racing. Not only have they motivated me, encouraged me to keep going, but more specifically, Namrita has been helping me to understand why my body is reacting to the way I am treating it: why I have wound up in the hospital 3 times in the past two years. And it was a simple process. I explained to her what was going on, my symptoms, she asked me a couple of questions, we came up with a plan, and so far, it has worked. That girl knows what she is talking about.

So, if you have never been professionally fit on your bike, get in touch with Eddie, you will not believe the difference moving your position only 5mm will make. And, if you are struggling with your race day nutrition, get in touch with Namrita. You will be amazed with the difference.

In closing, they are currently looking for a sponsor for the rest of 2008 and 2009. Contact them, they will make your product look really good, and they will do it with pride.


Have a great day.

2 comments:

Gordon Smith said...

Hiya Stephen,

I'm making the rounds just in case you didn't get an email invitation. Our email database is spotty at best.

The Extravablogiversapaloozathon 2008 is September 27th, and we're hoping every area blogger will come!

Party Info here.

BlogAsheville awards nomination thread here.

RSVP thread here.

Josh Via said...

Stephen,
You're a beast! Did you mentor Lance Armstrong?!