Thursday, January 08, 2009

Snowstorm

There should be a different name for a snowstorm that only lasts 20 minutes.

I rode to work yesterday morning, the temp was 38 and it was rainy and overcast. By the time I left to go home, it was cloudy, 35 and snowing. Not a constant snow, snow showers. And it was great. I hit some of the old logging roads on camp before going home. I needed to get some extra time on the bike.

By the time I got to the Parkway, the clouds let loose and dumped snow, visibility was about 200 yrds. If it had kept up, we would have had some great snow on the ground in the morning. But, 15 minutes later, it was dark and the sky was clear. I kept waiting for the impending black of night to set in, but it never did. I could not figure out why, until I looked up and saw the moon. My first thought went to my Thursday night ride in Bent Creek, and how cool it will be to have some moonlight. Yeah, it's gonna be another good one.

Have a great day.

No comments: