Monday, December 12, 2011

Sunday Ride

I took a meandering ride through the country side on Sunday.  The high temps were supposed to reach 45.  It might have done that, but my toes stayed chilly the whole time and my 5 yr old gloves kept my fingers mostly warm. 

It was a bright sunshiny day and some base miles were on tap.  I chose the old fart loop that we do on the Thursday night Liberty rides,  due to the fact that there is less climbing.  I found myself speeding up without realizing it,  probably because I am used to trying to hang on to the group.  I kept reminding myself to slow down and enjoy the ride.

The loop took about 2.5 hrs and after being off the bike for most of 2 weeks, I felt pretty rusty.  Rusty but it also felt really good to get back out.  I'm not sure exactly what my race goals are for next season, but I have some ideas that I am excited about!! 

No comments: