Saturday, December 03, 2011

A Walk

 I went for a walk in Bent Creek Friday morning.  It has been a while since I have been in the woods there without either training or trail work on the mind.  It was nice to wander, to see things that I have never seen before.  To smell, to hear the silence.
 This fence runs way up the ridge, I wonder what it was for?
 An old trail,  not a fall line trail either, it looks sustainable....
 More old trail.  Bent Creek has so much potential for more trails, we could easily double the mileage in there.
Can you spot the hunter?  Look for the orange hat.



 And just off of Bent Creek Gap road was this old dam.  I wanted to throw some trees in there to see what a small lake would look like,  I didn't do it though, just for the record.
I think I'll go back when it snows and wander around some more.

No comments: