Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Gravel Grinder



After a long day of interesting meetings, early release, and giving bikes to kids, I decided to roll out on the cx bike for a dose of gravel. In shorts and short sleeves, I packed my arm warmers and vest just in case, as well as a headlight. I didn't need any of them.

I felt great, just cruising around. I'm not sure if was the stellar weather, my state of mind or what, but I just rolled. Stress level was super low, so I was able to really enjoy my surroundings. It was cool to see quite a few beginners out there, as well as some old friends like Jamie Pittman.

Following Kevin's advice, I replaced the plastic rim strips on my wheels with better cloth ones, an pumped my tires up to 65psi. There was no way I was going to flat today. My heart skipped a beat once when a leaf got stuck between the fork and tire, making a hissing sound that sounded a lot like a tube losing air quickly...

I'm glad to say that is looks like my mojo is back, and I made it home without any flats. Although, I have been thinking about it, and it seems that most of the time I flat, Kevin is with me. Probably not a factor, but worth looking into, sabotage? hmmm.



It was another great day on the bike in a great place that we live!!

Thursday night is the ABRC/ Liberty road ride, 5:30pm, let's ride.

No comments: