Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Wrain Storm

A good old winter rain storm is raging outside,  the wind is gusting to about 30mph, supposed to get stronger as the day goes on. 

It is days like today that I decided not to take racing as seriously.  I'll probably ride the rollers a little later, but maybe not, and if not,  I'll only lament the fact that I didn't get to exercise today.  I won't lament that fact that I lost a little bit of fitness.  

Interestingly,  even though I decided not to "race",  I attempted to stick to a more structured training schedule than I have in the past.  I succeeded about 80% of the time.  But when days like today roll around,  I lack the motivation to go that extra mile.  And I'm ok with that. 

At the same time,  I realized I don't like that much structure.   I started riding my bike because it is fun.  It is a release.  I added in the racing/training option to see what I could do.  I came, I saw.  It is time to go back to having fun. 


No comments: