Thursday, June 05, 2014

Recovery

 Awesome ride in the woods yesterday.  My body still feel less than 100%.  Recovering from a century takes some time,  sickness on top of an already weak body takes it's toll.  I just spun around on some easy trails.  Hoping my legs would loosen up.  Interestingly, it was my lungs rib cage area that were tight.  I didn't do anything active on Monday and Tuesday.  I started getting a little bit of angst build up so knew I should get out on Weds for sure!
 The woods are vibrant and green.  The smells of the flora have been amazing this spring.  Fresh air filled with honeysuckle,  makes my brain happy. 

Life is hectic,  about to get crazy.   I've been prepping bikes and scheduling the 8 weeks of summer.  It wears me out, but to get groups of kids out in the woods is an amazing experience, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.  The smiles they show and the confidence they take with them is amazing! 

Liberty Ride tonight,  I'm hoping I will at least be able to dangle after being on my feet again all day!! 


Ha,  good luck with that!!

No comments: