Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Stopping Point

10 yrs ago I bought a house.  My elderly neighbor lady called it a crackerbox.  I wasn't insulted.  I had ideas that eventually turned into plans, which then became blood sweat and tears and is now our dream home.  Lot's of early mornings, late nights and anything in between. 

With the help from a handful of friends (to who I am eternally grateful), I spent the last 9 months on a final push getting the larger projects wrapped up. 

I am excited to say that I have finally reached  a stopping point.  I'm done.  Well,  mostly.  Still have some caulking, touch up painting etc to get done, but that stuff can wait until fall/winter;  aesthetic kinds of things.


Any holy moly am I relieved.  Looking back on the past ten years, and the sacrifices we have made, it is amazing and I never want to go through that again.  Hard work with positive results, but there are other things I want to do..... like ride my bike! 

Long live long rides.

When we moved into the house, we didn't have a house warming party.  I was too ashamed and embarrassed about the condition of our home.  I shouldn't have felt that way,  I know now that my friend would have come over and eaten my food and drank my beer regardless of the condition of my house.  That's how it is with true friends!

So,  stay tuned,  we'll be having a house warming party in the next couple of months, to celebrate where we started and where we are today!

But for now,  I'm gonna ride my bike,  by myself, with friends, with family and with http://tripsforkidswnc.com/ !

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Invite us! We'll come. : )