Sunday, August 09, 2015

Another Fun Weekend

 Summer programming has finished up and it is time for some serious R&R.   I feel like I've been going non stop since about February and while I have enjoyed that aspect of life, its time to enjoy my family and some personal time!!  

A year ago, a friend gave me a little 12 foot motor boat.  After bringing the boat home and doing some research,  I found out that the motor needed for this boat would cost just under $3000.  Holy crap.  I don't have that kind of cash laying around so I but the project on the backburner, tried to sell the boat a couple of times and always thought I would regret it if its sold. 

We finally took the boat down to Lake James with our little 2.5 hp outboard that we have for our sailboat.  While completely underpowered,  it was enough to get us around the lake for some family fun time.
 We farted around and pulled up on a  secluded island.   We spent some time swimming and relaxing.  Man, that was nice.  Nothing to worry about. Just chillin'. 

 We got hungry so we motored over to Black Bear Marina for some lunch.  After lunch we farted around some more and found another little cove where we pondered cliff jumping and spent some more time in the water.  I just need to figure out how to earn the cash to get my hands on a 20 hp outboard!  That is when I know I'll be livin' the dream.
 The family is hooked on water, just like I am.  There is something about it, that I can't pinpoint.  But whether in a motor boat, sailboat or kayak//canoe,  it is the best. 

Speaking of which, the next day was a day for sailboat racing at Lake Julian.  The wife was able to make this one, and it was miserable.  Low wind and direct sunlight, the time on the water was torture.  But, we were racin' and that's that! 


The rest of the weekend was spent getting the trailer ready for the next adventure.  Wheel bearing gone bad, and needed to be replace.  I imagine with the use it gets, this will be a once a year project.  
 Dinner Sunday were some homemade Juicy Lucy's.  They need a little more fine tuning but were delish nonetheless. 
 PS.  I was able to get a couple of rides in over the weekend, so don't think I've gone soft.  I'm still training  and tapering properly for the Thursday night Liberty rides!!

No comments: