Saturday, March 31, 2018

Easter

Jesus said, “Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.”  Matthew 1:28-30


Easter is another of those holidays that brings up so many different emotions in different people.  

For me, I remember the excitement of an Easter basket, and the dread of going to another boring church service.  At this point in life, there is a sense of emptiness.   

Easter for me, symbolizes a time of renewal,   a time to start over.  Not just today, but everyday.  I have the freedom to celebrate, and I don't have to celebrate exactly like the modern church dictates that I should.  

 The road before us is wide open.  We can continue doing the things the way we always have, or we can make changes.  The changes don't have to be huge,  just slight, incremental changes.  A little here and there.  In the grand scheme of things, the results will be huge.

No comments: