Friday, September 21, 2018

Ready?

Who is ready for some Dirt Diggler?

I am, for sure.  I'm excited to get out on my bike, with a bunch of like minded folks and ride. 

The past couple of years has been a tough transition for me.  Going from training and successfully completing endurance events, to not training consistently and successfully failing at endurance events. 

I had to admit to myself, that while I am still capable, I simply don't have the time to put the time into training  and prepping properly for these events!  My priorities have shifted and I've got 4 years to invest into my high school kid before college.  That's the choice I've made, and I had to adjust. 

Its not easy though.  I love being out all day, for multiple days.  But, that's where I am, and it took me  a while to work through that.  You have to try things, different combinations.  If you don't, you will never progress, never evolve, never figure out what works for you.  If you are not willing to bend and bow, not willing to go with the flow,  you become stiff and eventually break. 

So, tomorrow, I saddle up for a little under 50 miles, with my sights set on having a good time. 

See you there!

No comments: