Monday, October 29, 2018

Green Pond, Lake Hartwell

I've been eyeing this location for a while, and finally the schedule and conditions allowed me to get down there.  I'm never sure what to expect when I go out windsurfing.  I check multiple forecasts but they are merely forecasts.  I've gotten pretty good at figuring out when to go, but sometimes, the weather changes. 

Today, the as I drove down the mountain, the temps climbed up above 60.  I decided to start with my shorty wetsuit and see how that felt.  It turned out to be a great decision, I was comfortable all afternoon. 

The wind was light, but forecast to pick up later, so I rigged the 7.0 meter sail and took off.  Thanks to a recommendation from my friend, I tacked upwind and got into a wider area of the lake. 

I sailed back and forth for a while until the wind kicked in, then it was on.  Blasting back and forth on the water, chasing sailboats, letting go of the worries that plague my day to day life....  nothing compares. 

After 3 hrs on the water, I was pretty whipped, so I headed back to shore, packed up and drove back home.  

Such a fun day on the water!

No comments: