Monday, October 08, 2018

Mike Ride 2018


Mike called me up and wanted to do a multi day trip.  Nothing epic but some good metric century days.   I was in.  We planned on 3 days, 2 nights.  But....life.  You know when you go to the all you can eat buffet, and pile your plate up.  Then you see one more things that looks delicious and you add that to your plate?   You eat it all, and it was good, but that one more thing was a bit too much and now you have a tummy ache.....

That's my life right now.  My plate is full and I added one more thing.  Something that should have had me excited was causing stress.  But, priorities.   In the end we cut the trip down to 2 days, 1 night (24 hrs)

I'm finding that I am able to get away for 24 hrs at this point in life.  A couple of years ago, I wasn't satisfied with a short adventure, now,  I'm stoked.

Our chosen route was Brevard- hwy 276 to Waynesville- spend the night- Waynesville 276-215 to Rosman- Brevard.  90 miles=perfect.

 

We rode, we chatted with locals,  took pictures.  Talked about life and families and jobs and time off. 






Even with the full plate, the ride turned out to be just what the doctor ordered.  I'm looking forward to the next adventure!

No comments: